There are more than 150.000 people who study in Canada from all over the world every year. Some of the many advantages of studying in Canada are : The universities and colleges in Canada are regarded universally because of the high standard quality of education The tuition and the living cost in Canada is one of the lowest in the world for international students. Canada is a country of multi cultural which makes every student from any ethnic group feel welcome and homely in Canada’s community and colleges. According to the United Nation, Canada is one of the countries which offers a high quality of life.
Cosmopolitan, secure and clean- those are the words that can best describe both small and larger cities in Canada. The unique combination of wilderness, expanse and metropolitan areas will contribute to a unique experience while studying in this country. All of these reasons and more are why Canada is one of the most livable countries in the world.
- Capital: Ottawa
- Population: Approximately 34 Million.
- Size: Approximately 10 Million square kilometers
- Time Zone: UTC, 3.5 to -10 hours
- Currency: Canadian Dollar (CAD) Currency Calculator
- Official Languages: English and French
- A student visa is not required if you study for one to six months in Canada. For more than 6 months a permission to study must be requested at the Canadian embassy.
- Canada has two official languages, English and French. ESC only cooperates with English-speaking universities. However, some universities offer their courses in both languages. Students do not have to be fluent in both languages to study at Canadian universities.
- For students whose mother tongue is not English, a language test is required. The TOEFLtest is generally accepted, but in Canada other English language tests are also accepted such as the IELTS test.
- If granted a permission to study you will be allowed to work on campus. As of only recently have students who study at least 6 month fulltime in Canada been allowed to also work off campus once they applied for a work permit (up to 20 hours a week, unlimited in the semester break). This work permit will be granted under the condition of satisfactory grades and must be signed off by the university. All ESC partner higher education institutions will provide a work permit under these conditions.
Higher Education System:
- Education is considered extremely important in Canada and is mostly financially supported by the government. This support ensures a consistent level of high quality that is not dependant on the particular institution or faculty. Canadian higher education institutions enjoy an excellent reputation worldwide.
- Admission requirements and tuition fess can vary widely, as educational matters are regulated by the provincial governments. Universities in Canada offer a wide, innovative and diverse course program. Universities offer undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD degrees which are equal to American and other Commonwealth universities.
- In addition to the diverse study programs, one of the biggest advantages of studying in Canada is that you can improve your skills in two languages, English and French. You can come into contact with each of these languages in your daily life and some universities offer courses in both. Outside of Québec, where French is the only official language, Ontario has the largest French-speaking population.
Admission Process & Eligibility:
- Have a valid passport;
- Have a letter of acceptance from an educational institution;
- Have enough money to support yourself;
- Complete an application form; and
- Pay a fee.